Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle

Thursday 14 April 2016

My Current Skincare Staples

Hello Hello!

Spring has finally sprung and it's so lovely to have a bit of sunshine and warmth (every now and then) in our lives again, I'm loving it! As I haven't featured a lot of skincare on the blog as a whole, today I wanted to share a few bits of skincare that are my go-to favourites and that I can usually always rely on if my skin needs a pick me up or if I'm feeling stressed! These are all pretty well known products but I've come to love them well, so lets get into it!







Bioderma
Probably one of the most infamous French skincare products to reach the market the past few years, and seen in pretty much every blogger's bathroom cupboard; Bioderma Micellar Water is one of my most loved discoveries, and I've now used it for nearly two years. With a water like consistency and hardly any scent, this product is a life saver if you want to quickly take off your makeup and know that your skin is hydrated and happy! Although it doesn't take off waterproof mascara and really heavy makeup, this is perfect for everyday and I've never had any problems with it!
Boots and Superdrug have also started to sell more 'British' versions so they are much easier to your hands on now - Garner, Simple and Nivea are my best picks for dupes! Find Bioderma here (Boots) and here (FeelUnique).

Pixi: Glow Tonic
Pixi Glow Tonic was a recent addition to my skincare cupboard and I've been using it for the past few months, this toner contains ingredients that help to naturally exfoliate the skin without having to use 'physical' exfoliators (such as facial beads), leaving the skin with a lovely healthy glow, and helping to rid it of dead skin cells. Although this product doesn't give instant results, bare with it - after a few weeks it makes the skin super smooth, soft and clear! I would say that if you have drier skin (like me) then it's best to either use this in the morning or night, or use a really hydrating moisturiser! But this doesn't leave my skin particularly dry or patchy, and I know it would be fab if you suffer with slightly oilier/combination skin! Grab it here!

Lush: Snow Fairy
I found this baby in my cabinet last week and actually nearly cried.. This is probably one of the most well known products from the Christmassy/winter selection at Lush - and I can see why! This smells beautiful and sweet, a little like bubblegum and bonbons mixed together and is a gorgeous bright bubblegum pink colour combined with glitter. Me and the boyfriend both feel and smell like princesses in the shower if we use this and I literally never want this to end! I'll be so sad when its all gone! Strong, sweet and so pretty to look at too, the only problem is that it isn't available all year!

Nivea: Daily Effects Make up Remover
Another long term favourite of mine and a product that is thankfully cheap as chips - hello student budget making me poor - is the Nivea Daily Effects Make up Remover. This oil/makeup remover cocktail makes taking off eye makeup sooo easy and I pretty much just hold this to my eye and the makeup just wipes away! Obviously it takes a bit more cleaning up to get all the product off, but all in all this works instantly and is the best way to remove makeup if you’re in a hurry or drunk from a night out - sorry mum! I generally use this and then Bioderma to remove the bulk of my makeup and then I’ll go ahead and wash my face to give my skin a good clean, but some nights if I’m really tired this is enough for me! My only criticism is that I wish this came in a bigger bottle because I’ve burnt through about six or so bottles in a relatively short amount of time! Find it here. 

The Body Shop: Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash
This product was featured in my Body Shop Favourites post a while ago, which you can read here, and I still reach for this when my skin needs a lift and some freshness! It has a lovely strong tea tree scent which is perfect for that pick me up in the morning, or to brighten up your skin if you feel a bit dull and groggy! I use this as a cleanse in the morning to wake me up and or at night after I've taken off my makeup. Although one thing I would mention about this product is to avoid your eyes as its more of a face wash rather than makeup remover! Get it here online. 

Do you have any of these products? What are your skincare favourites at the moment? I'd love to hear in the comments!

Love, Chloé
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lazy Daisy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig