Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle

Friday 13 May 2016

First Impressions: New Balance & New Lipstick

Hello Again!

Its been a while since my last post and all I can say is it’s been a busy, stressful few weeks full of work and a lack of blogging inspiration which is annoying! Nonetheless, here I am writing today and it’s a first impressions post, something I personally love writing and watching myself!






New Balance: Pink Beige Beach Cruiser’s

Now anyone that knows me, knows I pretty much never ever wear trainers (unless it’s my Converse which are the only actual trainers I own), I’m all about boots, loafers and slip ons, I find them easy to wear, they go with everything and they’re usually always comfy – it’s my kind of shoe comfort blanket and I have at least 3 pairs of black ankle boots alone, who needs 3 really?!
But because of this, it means I really don’t have a pair of comfy, stylish trainers or shoes in general that I can wear when I just want to go casual and still want to look like I’ve put a ‘bit’ of effort in, I also love the whole sporty/athleisure trend at the moment and so I wanted me some of that in my life.

This is where I introduce the new loves of my life, the New Balance Pink Beige Cruiser’s. (!!!!!)  I think these are so beautiful and nothing like I’ve really seen before, as a slightly more girly girl I didn’t just want a boring pair of trainers that are more masculine, and I cannot be trusted with all white because at the end of the week they would be grey/brown.. I instantly fell in love with the neutral/pink combo of these as they’re still casual but inject not only some colour, but also comfort and style at the same time, and I love the fact that these would go with pretty much anything I wear too!
So onto my first impressions in terms of the actual wear and comfort, as I’ve only worn these twice I can’t give a full round up of the lasting power and how comfy these would be on an 8-hour shift for example, but so far they seem extremely comfortable and cosy, they fit perfectly, (I’m a size 5 for reference) and they give a good amount of support and a little lift, because of the thick rubber sole, great it you have slightly flat, narrow feet like me that really needs a bit of support when out and about!All in all I’m so far really impressed and really happy with the investment, I’m very hopeful that these are going to be glued to my feet for the next few months going into summer!




NYX Matte Velvet Lip Creams // Butter Lip Gloss:

I think I’ve found the perfect matte lipstick, it’s beautiful and I literally haven’t worn anything else in the 2 weeks I’ve had this, my only regret is not getting more when I was home..  These lip creams appeared along with a whole host of other amazing products from the NYX stand in my local boots recently, and since I’ve heard so much about the brand I just had to check it out as soon as I could!
After a lot of research and youtube-ing for swatches of the colours, I decided to go for the colour Stockholm, (it was between this and London which was a tough choice) and I’m really happy with the colour in the end, it’s a lovely peachy, brown nude that looks gorgeous on pale skin! I’ve found these colours are much more suited to my skin tone as the brown and beige nude colours really wash me out and I generally look a bit “dead”. It’s the perfect spring/summer colour if I want something to perk up my pale face without being too bright! And just a nice everyday colour that isn’t offensive or harsh for work / uni!

The formula is also another thing I love about these lip creams, they’re really easy to wear and apply almost with a ‘moussey’ consistency, not think and heavy like the usual liquid lipstick, meaning they’re a lot easier to apply and wear throughout the day, without being too dry or patchy on the lips. The products fade really subtly too, so you won’t get a harsh start-end to your natural lip and the colour of the product. Overall I adore these and cant wait to pick up some more when I next get the chance, I’m definitely wanting to add Cannes, Rome and Morocco to my collection!



L-R: Stockholm & Angel Food Cake

Have you got any New Balance? What are your thoughts? Have you tried the NYX products? I'd love to hear any recommendations! 

Love, Chloé
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lazy Daisy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig