Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle

Tuesday 2 August 2016

First Impressions; Makeup, Nails & Tools

Hello! Happy August! Here's to a great month - with hopefully a bit of sunshine along the way.
I recently had a little mosey round Boots which ended up in a mini haul of bits that I've been interested in trying recently, so I wanted to have a round of my impressions upon using these and let you know my thoughts!


I've been desperate for a switch in my brow routine recently as I've been so bored of my Sleek Brow Kit that I've been using for years - although it is great, I think every now and again we need a change, and this is what I needed. It works really well with my Soap and Glory Brow Archery pencil, and gives a lovely shape overall. I'm a huge of the colour too, not too dark but it's a cool enough dark blonde colour to use all over the brow and can be built up if you like thicker brows like me! The staying power on this is also amazing, it dries down and does not budge, so far so good!

For me, this was a bit disappointing really. Firstly, something that really annoys me is the packaging, (I probably should have done more research with this), but I was in need of a great contour shade for my pale, pasty ass and thought this looked great - but the square packaging and then the circle of product doesn't really make sense? Why use all of that space in the plastic square and then put a small circle of product in that is frankly pretty hard and fiddly to use? Another thing is that the colour isn't a great match, the 'contour' is pretty orange and muddy when applied onto the skin, not cool or natural looking, and doesn't have a good payoff, meaning you end up having to rub the brush in the product more than should be necessary. 
Lastly, I hate that the product is all together in one pan because it makes it super hard to pick up with a brush, it also doesn't really show up - like I'm sorry but if I'm buying a highlighter, I want to blind people with that glow not just look "dewy" am I right? I could say more but I'll stop the rant and move on quickly.

This a product I knew I'd have no problems with upon my first impressions, and I was happily correct. I'm sure pretty much everyone now either knows about or owns RT brushes, they've become a household name for more affordable but still really great brushes, and I couldn't wait to add this to my lil collection. This isn't anything revolutionary or innovative, but its a perfect brush for contouring and defining features because of its slanted edge, and for £9.99 how can you complain? Super soft, easy to use and clean, doesn't shed and even looks lovely on your dressing table! 

Mavala Nail Polish / Dublin:
I've used Mavala polishes before from little gift sets at Christmas and love them, the colours choices are lovely and the polishes stay really vibrant and last well too! I saw this colour Dublin and loved it because its a really subtle nude pink that's lovely for when you want something a bit colourful without being too offensive. I think it's a nice option for when you're after a nude colour without being too neutral or skin coloured, its a bit different to the usual options you can find in Boots / Superdrug!

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts?

Love, Chloé
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lazy Daisy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig