Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle

Tuesday 9 February 2016

My Favourite Liquid Lipsticks

Hello you!
Today's post is about something that has become one of the biggest and most sought after trends throughout the last year, and that's of course; the liquid lipstick! 
I absolutely love the concept on paper of these products, a high pigment colour, that's long lasting and doesn't come off whilst eating, drinking, smiling, kissing, you catch my drift. But there's one problem... They make your lips dryer than the Sahara desert and there isn't anything you're gonna be able to do honey, let me tell you. This is a problem I've suffered from with pretty much every liquid lipstick I've tried, most of them are drying, thick and just crack my lips within about 10 minutes. 

In light of this, I have managed to find a few formulations that work amazingly and still give you the longevity of the much loved liquid lipsticks! Meet the Rimmel Apocalips and L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash! (bit of a mouthful I know..). 



Now although the L'oreal offerings aren't a matte cream like most traditional liquid lipsticks, they are really soft, glossy and shiny but stay opaque and actually keep your lips moisturised! I love these for when I'm wanting some colour but still want my lips to be soft and glossy, and the colours are amazing for everyday. One thing I've also noticed with these babies is that once they dry slightly, they do not budge! You can drink, eat and kiss your other half without it going all sticky like traditional lipglosses might! I'd definitely recommend picking up some of these the next time you're looking for a more moisturising liquid lipstick!


 Shades L-R: Princess, Lolita & Juliet
 Lolita
 Princess
Juliet

Rimmel Apocalips:
These lipsticks have been out for a number of years and were one of the first high street, I hadn't used these much before the last year or so, and now I'm really regretting it! These are soft, super pigmented and have such a great colour payoff - although they can be a little drying after a few hours, but they only need another application to bring them back to life!

I actually wore this on Christmas Day and it stayed on the whole day, even throughout dinner and desert! Plus this colour - Big Bang - is the perfect pillar box red and one of my favourite colours I have in my makeup bag!



Now although I've seen these on the boots website, I haven't actually seen them in stores recently, so I did a bit of digging and it seems like these may have been discontinued, or least in the process of being phased out of stores, which makes me really sad and annoyed, but anyway, apparently these are still online so if you feel like treating yourselves to something fabulous then these are a great choice! They'd even be a perfect valentines present if your other half still needs to find something!
(nudge nudge).

 Have you tried either of these lipsticks? What are your favourite liquid lipsticks?
I'd love to know in the comments!

Love, Chloé
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lazy Daisy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig