Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Kate Spade / Brand Focus

Hello! Now as a student, I'm not really one for popping to Chanel or YSL to get a new handbag or pair of shoes, but I am a total lover (from afar unfortunately) of designer clothes, shoes and handbags and I think its such an amazing feeling getting something designer you've been after for ages! 
For me, one of the best mid-range desniger brands has to be Kate Spade, it's luxurious and aspirational, but still an achievable price point if you're looking for something a bit more special than the high street stores.

I've had a couple of bits from the brand for a while and thought I'd give them a little showcase on the blog, as I think they're really great quality for the price and their branding is really unique and quirky, something you don't see in a lot of higher end designer brands, also sidenote everything on their website is just so beautiful, you can find a link here in case you're after some present/birthday inspiration or just a little browse...




Nude / Black Shoulder Bag: around £150
I've had a little bit of a love / hate relationship with this bag, as I didn't always use it because I thought it was impractical and a bit small, not having enough room to fit everything in I wanted. But recently I've really grown to love it and it's actually the perfect size to fit all of my essentials and the odd flake or two when I fancy.
I love the slightly more durable, thicker leather, as it doesn't scratch easily and can take a bit of everyday wear and tear - the only downside is the colour, as it's a light nude it can rub on clothes meaning it can get dirty fairly easily (something to keep in mind with more expensive light coloured bags!) Although this is the case, I do really like the nude and black colour way, as it adds a bit more interest and colour to my outfits than all of my plain black bags, yet still looks really simple and grown up to wear day or night.

Unfortunately I got this bag over a year ago from the Covent Garden store in London in the sale, completely forgetting to remember the style or name - so I know that its really unhelpful if you were after this particular style, but I thought I'd leave a few alternative styles with similar colour ways here, here and here if you like the look of mine.



Gallery Drive Meaghan Card Holder: £37
This little saviour came at a time in my life where I was a desperate woman, I've been on the hunt of a pretty and compact card holder for over 6 months, looked in pretty much every shop I know, including designer stores - found nothing.. And then the Kate Spade Meaghan Card Holder found me in a moment of browsing the sale, the very weekend I was going to London where I could go to the store in person. It was fate.
I love this, I really do. Its compact and small enough to fit into the smallest handbags, but still has plenty of room and compartments for my cards, (around 7 different slots) with clear pockets for things like rail cards and student cards too. I absolutely love the slightly nude/beige and silver colour way as its just a bit brighter than my usual black or grey that I would go for, and similar to the bag above, the grainy leather means this will last years without even having a scratch. I think this was a love affair worth waiting for! I think the only tiny, weeny little problem is that there isn't a place for coins, but I suppose I'll just have to find a new coin purse for that!
You can find the black / gold colour way here!

Have you ever tried anything from Kate Spade? What are your favourite designer brands?

Love, Chloé
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lazy Daisy | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig